Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The majority of the time you listen to the news, it's always something sad. But today I ran across a website that is devoted to happy stories. If you need a pick me up, go to www.gnn.com. It stands for good news now.

Also, I'm on the last book of a new vampire series I've been reading (I guess that's the trend now, huh?). I started it just a little over a week ago and there are seven books in the series... that means lots of hours plugged into the fictional world. They just started a TV series based on it (HBO: True Blood) and you can rent the first season on DVD now. The books are way better though. So Gwen/Kim, if you're interested, the author is Charlaine Harris and the first book is called Dead Until Dark.



PS--Gwen, what's the best Anne Rice book to start on? I'm considering it... Pre her-becoming-a-devout-Mormon-days, of course.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, she's not a devout Mormon. She is a practicing Roman Catholic (the faith which she was raised.) That being said her new Jesus series is AWESOME. Written from a sensitive his-point-of-view starting with his childhood and then onto his ministry.
    I read all of them (almost.) The vampire series is awesome, The Mayfair Witches okay. The A Roquelaure books a bit risque. You could never go wrong with the good old Original Vampire Series they are romantic and greatly imagined and never disappoint.
    Check her out: http://www.annerice.com/index.htm
    Also, a site not so good news...http://www.fmylife.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. vampires to Jesus still sounds like a big jump. (and Stephenie Meyer only left out the sex scene in book 4--allegedly--because of being Mormon; a friend from school forwarded me a scene someone wrote to fill in that empty space, if anyone wants it).

    and i've heard of FML before... I read some outloud to Christine, but had to censor...

    another good (but mostly dirty) one is textsfromlastnight.com

    ReplyDelete